The rules are all made up, so let’s make everyone valid—especially the elderly. Thus spoke Lenny and Lynsey in this episode all about ageism, discrimination against older people. Your favorite decolonizers talk about issues faced by elders in the dominant culture: silencing, media invisibility, medical discrimination, and the repression of their sexuality. Plus side quests into MILFs, cougars, Blanche Devereaux, J-Lo, and more!
Listen to the embedded audio above, or on your favorite podcatcher! You can find us on Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts, Amazon, YouTube, Spreaker, Listen Notes, Soundcloud, and more!
- Life Stages of Native Women: Memory, Teachings, and Story Medicine by Kim Anderson
- Critically Sovereign: Indigenous Gender, Sexuality, and Feminist Studies edited by Joanne Barker
- “Indigenous Hawaiian Sexuality and the Politics of Nationalist Decolonization” by J. Kēhaulani Kauanui
- “Does Mainstream P//rn Have an Age Problem?” by Lynsey G.
- “The ‘Cougar’ Phenomenon: An Examination of the Factors That Influence Age‐Hypogamous Sexual Relationships Among Middle‐Aged Women” by Milaine Alarie and Jason T. Carmichael
- “How Sex Drive Changes Through the Years” by WebMD
- “Gender and Ageism” by Linda M. Woolf, Ph.D.
- “Blanche vs. J.Lo: On Memes and Aging” by Claire S.
- “Ageism and Sexuality” by Ateret Gewirtz-Meydan, Trish Hafford-Letchfield, Yael Benyamini, and Amanda Phelan
- “Ageism And Gender” by Ageing Equal
Listen to our latest episode over here!