Lenny and Lynsey sit down over some beer and cider to talk about fashion! From a brilliant form of self-expression and rebellion to a tool of the patriarchy and colonization, fashion is where art meets utility, and it’s part of literally every human society. So let’s talk about it, and talk a little sh*t about it, too. From corsetry to hypersexualized headdresses to vablazzling (!?) to Dandyism, this episode touches on a little bit of everything.
Listen to the embedded audio above, or on your favorite podcatcher! You can find us on Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts, Amazon, YouTube, iHeartRADIO, Spreaker, Listen Notes, Soundcloud, and more!
- How Pink and Blue Became Gendered Colors
- Clothes maketh the gender stereotypes
- Why Corsets Are Still The Most Misunderstood Garments In Fashion History
- Racism is at the heart of fast fashion – it’s time for change
- how can fashion be decolonized?
- Decolonizing Fashion: What It Means + How We Can Get There
- Understanding Sustainability Means Talking About Colonialism
- DECOLONISING FASHION
- THE DANDY
- Fashion History: Dandyism
- “Dandy,” Wikipedia
- What Decolonizing Fashion Has To Do With #BlackLivesMatter
- Meet The Women Decolonizing Sustainable Fashion
- Fashion industry’s carbon impact bigger than airline industry’s