Episode 14: Periods
The Red Badge of Courage. Moon Time. Good ol’ Aunt Flo. Call them what you will. Periods are a part of life. A very big part of it for people who menstruate, in fact. But it’s not helping anyone if we pretend they don’t happen just to make people who don’t menstruate more comfortable. Lenny and Lynsey talk about why it’s in everyone’s best interest to normalize periods, and share their favorite snacks when they’re Surfing the Crimson Wave.
Listen to the embedded audio above, or on your favorite podcatcher! You can find us on Spotify, iHeartRADIO, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts, Amazon, YouTube, Spreaker, Listen Notes, Soundcloud, and more!
- Jonathan Banks (aka Mike Ehrmantraut from Breaking Bad) in a 1970s sex ed PSA
- 7 myths about tampons to stop believing ASAP
- 5 Tampon Myths That Could Be Messing With Your Health
- How your hormones impact your moods, health and behavior
- Why do women have periods when most animals don’t?
Listen to our latest episode over here!